Yorkshire Bunk Barn, Bank House Farm Hostel "friendliest and best value"
Fantastic group accommodation for families, friends and clubs, beautifully set in Glaisdale dale in the North York Moors National Park having large landscaped garden with magnificent views, BBQ, fire-pit and running water. Ideally located in an area of outstanding natural beauty, this farm is 12 miles from the popular ports of Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay and Staithes and a mile or so from Wainwright’s Coast-to-Coast path. It is surrounded by public footpaths, bridleways and cycle routes, and is on a working organic cattle & sheep farm, run by friendly owners, Chris & Emma Padmore.
Considerate parties are welcome BUT please don't bring confetti, glitter etc & quieten down after 11.30pm.
Bank House Farm offers three types of accommodation with prices to suit varying needs.
OPEN Feb-Dec - Availability Calendar shown in Tariff Tab:
1. Bunkbarn / Hostel – “if Carlsberg made bunkbarns…” - SLEEPS 11
This is holiday-cottage-quality accommodation; it has one bedroom, sleeping 11 on 9 single beds and a bunkbed, therefore not holiday cottage price, but it is well-spaced, light and airy and there are dividing curtains for modesty. There is a fully equipped kitchen in the living room with TV/DVD. The smart washroom has 2 showers, 2 basins, a sink and 3 toilets. Central heating and hot water are included in the price. The bunkbarn is attached to the main farmhouse.
Self-catering bring your own supplies or order on-line deliverySole use you get sole use of the bunk barnWeekends for up to 11 people: £500 2 or 3 nights; Single night: £400Mid-week GROUPS: from £11pppn*, 3 night minimum stayMid-week single night for C2C, when available: from £25pppn*
*SEE FULL PRICE LIST and AVAILABILITY CALENDAR on the Tariff Page
Other bunkbarn info
- PLEASE BRING: duvet/sleeping bag, towel, toiletries, food and drink
- Sheet, pillow & pillow slip provided
- Drying room with spin dryer
- Christmas & New Year Bookings – please email us for details
- Well-behaved dogs by arrangement £3/dog/night
- We can sell you a bag of charcoal
- Sorry, no under-21-year aged groups
2. Simple camping barn £12pppn
For those camping on C2C or other routes
- Not sole use.- Covered mattresses are provided without linen or pillows.
- 2 dorms, 2 toilets, free hot shower, sink.
- Undercover outdoor clothes drying rail.- Sleeps 8. Open April – October.- No heating
3. Traditional Farmhouse B&B £35pppn Mon-Thu only (£40 2018)
- Breakfast of cereal, toast, fruit, tea/coffee.
- Three bedrooms: 1 family room with double bed + bunkbed. 2 further rooms each with bunkbed.
- Shared bathrooms.
- Eat evening meal in Glaisdale pub The Arncliffe Arms and we offer lift to farm, by arrangement.
Deposit secures your booking. Please email for details. Payment by bank transfer.
Find Us – please bring MAP – see link www.bankhousefarmhostel.co.uk/contact/map
GRID REFERENCE: NZ 76822 03726 Do not rely on GPS on mobile phones as you may not have a signal.
GPS co-ordinates: 0° 49’ 20.5” W, 54° 25’ 23.1” N
Address: Bank House Farm Hostel, Glaisdale, Whitby, N Yorks, YO21 2QA
We offer secure cycle storage