Yorkshire Bunk Barn, Bank House Farm Hostel "friendliest and best value"
Fantastic group accommodation for families, friends and clubs, beautifully set in Glaisdale dale in the North York Moors National Park having large landscaped garden with magnificent views, BBQ, fire-pit and running water. Ideally located in this area of outstanding natural beauty, this farm is 12 miles from the popular port of Whitby and a mile or so from Wainwright’s Coast-to-Coast path. It is surrounded by public footpaths, bridleways and cycle routes, and is on a working organic cattle & sheep farm, run by friendly owners, Chris & Emma Padmore.
Bank House Farm offers three types of accommodation with prices to suit varying needs.
OPEN ALL YEAR- Availability Calendar shown in Tariff Tab:
1. Bunkbarn / Hostel – “if Carlsberg made bunkbarns…” - SLEEPS 11
This is holiday-cottage-quality accommodation; it has the one bedroom, sleeping 11 on 9 single beds and a bunkbed, therefore not holiday cottage price, but it is well-spaced, light and airy and there are dividing curtains for modesty. There is a fully equipped kitchen in the living room with TV/DVD. The smart washroom has 2 showers, 2 basins, a sink and 3 toilets. Throughout there is central heating and this, along with hot water & showers, is included in the price. The bunkbarn is attached to the main farmhouse.
Self-catering bring your own supplies or order on-line delivery
Sole use you get sole use of the bunk barn, although exceptions are possible midweek for C2C-route users
Weekends more suitable for group bookings: £400 minimum
Mid-week from £15/person/night
Mid-week breaks for groups From £10.90/person/night
See full price list on the Tariff Page
Other bunkbarn info
- PLEASE BRING: duvet/sleeping bag, towel, toiletries, food and drink
- Sheet, pillow & pillow slip provided
- Drying room with spin dryer
- Christmas & New Year Bookings – please email us for details
- Well-behaved dogs by arrangement £3/dog/night
- DIY breakfast box for one-nighters: bread + baked beans/eggs, porridge, £5ea
- We can sell you a bag of charcoal
- Sorry, no under-21 groups
IDEAL FOR C2C-ROUTE WALKERS, CYCLISTS & ONE-NIGHT GUESTS
2. Simple camping barn
For those camping on C2C or other routes
- Not sole use.
- 2 dorms, 2 toilets, hot shower, sink.
- Under cover outdoor clothes drying rail.
- DIY breakfast box £5ea, by arrangement – see above.
- Sleeps 8. Open April – October.
Camping barn £12pppn
3. Traditional Farmhouse B&B
- Hearty and healthy Continental breakfast.
- Three bedrooms: one family room with double bed + bunkbed, and two further rooms each with bunkbed.
- Shared bathrooms.
- Eat evening meal in Glaisdale pub The Arncliffe Arms and we offer lift to farm.
Farmhouse B&B £35pppn
Deposit secures your booking. Please email for details. Payment by bank transfer.
Find Us – please bring MAP – see link www.bankhousefarmhostel.co.uk/contact/map
GRID REFERENCE: NZ 76822 03726 Do not rely on GPS on mobile phones as you may not have a signal.
GPS co-ordinates: 0° 49’ 20.5” W, 54° 25’ 23.1” N
Address: Bank House Farm Hostel, Glaisdale, Whitby, N Yorks, YO21 2QA
We offer secure cycle storage